A pumpkin pie smoothie is a perfect blend of holiday flavors combined with healthy ingredients.
This time of year is always filled with good food, holiday dinners, and social gatherings. It can become difficult to eat healthy with all of the sweet treats around. This pumpkin pie smoothie recipe is “easy as pie” to make, and is so much healthier than the baked treat. It will satisfy your sweet tooth with the banana, pumpkin puree and honey, all while giving you the nutrients you need to start your day off right!
Toasting oatmeal and adding it to your smoothie is a healthy way to add antioxidants and fiber to your breakfast and it will keep you fuller for a longer period of time. When you toast the oatmeal, it draws out a wonderful nutty flavor that partner well with the pumpkin puree and spices.
The best part is, your kids will love it, and they won’t even know that it is packed with vitamin A, fiber, and potassium!
- 1 frozen banana, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups vanilla almond milk (vanilla is optional)
- ¼ cup raw oatmeal (quick-cooking or old fashioned)
- ½ teaspoon flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Place oatmeal on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 10 minutes, until slightly brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor, blender or coffee grinder like I do, blend toasted oats and flax seeds until they become a powder. Measure out 2 tablespoons of the ground mixture and reserve the rest for another day.
- Place frozen bananas, pumpkin puree, vanilla almond milk, ground toasted oats and flax seeds, honey, and spices in the blender. Blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately.