A warming breakfast of grilled Seckel pears and bananas.
Nothing says fall is coming better than pears and comfort food, and when you combine the two together you create a warm meal that is filling and delicious.
Pears sliced in half, topped with cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla and a touch of salt, then roasted until tender, juicy and slightly crisp. Served with a big dollop of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of pecans, this meal makes a great weekend breakfast for you and the family. Or simply serve with ice cream for the perfect fall dessert.
Use this recipe as a starting point for grilled fruit, swapping out the ingredients per season. In the summer, this works great with peaches and plums.
Grilled Pears with Salted Brown Sugar & Pecans
- 3 ripe pears (We used [url href=”http://www.thefruitcompany.com/seckel-pears” target=”_blank”]Seckel Pears[/url] for their smaller shape, but Bosc and d’Anjou would work great too)
- 3 bananas
- 4 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- optional toppings:
- pecans or walnuts
- flaked or shredded coconut
- greek yogurt
- ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Halve the pears and scoop out the core and seeds. Halve the bananas still in their skin. Place the halved fruit cut side up on a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Divide the mixture over the cut fruit, spreading it into a even layer. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Increase your oven to 500 degrees. Remove the fruit from the oven, basting the fruit with the melted brown sugar juice. Sprinkle the raw sugar over top of the fruit. Once the oven has reached 500, place the fruit back into the oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with pecans, coconut and greek yogurt. And try to share.