One of our favorite baked treats for weekend brunches, or afternoon tea sessions, is scones. Peach scones are the perfect late summer treat.
We love experimenting with all the different ingredients and flavors you can add to this classic scone recipe. It’s peach season, and we just can’t get enough of this sweet and juicy fruit. For this peach scone recipe, in addition to the peaches, we added some delicious white chocolate, and a hint of basil to balance out the sweetness. The ideal balance of sweet and savory. Enjoy!
For this recipe we used Saucer Peaches, which are known for their sweet and creamy flavor. If you are a member of our monthly fruit club, you could also use your August shipment of juicy Oregon Peaches or September delivery of Nectarines for this recipe as well.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons, unsalted butter, cold and chopped
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.thefruitcompany.com/fruit-encyclopedia/saucer-peaches” target=”_blank”]saucer peaches[/url], peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together. Cut butter into mixture with pastry blender until mixture resembles small pea-sized crumbles.
- Fold in the [url href=”http://www.thefruitcompany.com/gourmet-gifts/premium-fruit/oregon-peaches” target=”_blank” title=”Fresh Peaches from The Fruit Company”]peaches[/url], white chocolate, and basil until they are coated in flour mixture.
- Add the heavy cream with a rubber spatula and mix everything together. Once everything is mixed, knead the mixture together gathering the dough into a large ball shape.
- On a floured surface, transfer your dough and sprinkle flour over top. Roll out the dough to a 3/4″ thickness. Cut into the dough sing a biscuit cutter (between 2″-3″). Transfer the scones on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Re-form the dough ball, lightly roll out and continue to cut out the scones.
- Bake the scones for 13-15 minutes until golden on top. Let cool for 1 minute and then transfer to a cooling rack to continue cooling.