I love finding news ways to dress up salad. And a great way to do that is to add fruit. This salad combines sweet navel oranges and beets over quinoa and fennel with a delicious balsamic maple reduction as the dressing. You will love the sweet and tangy combinations. Another great thing about this salad is its versatility. It is very filling, and satisfying enough to make a great meal all on its own. This salad is also an excellent side dish for any meal. To save yourself some time, make and store the ingredients ahead of time and simple toss together before you are ready to serve.
- 2 medium red beets
- 3 navel oranges
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and trim the ends of the beets, wrap them in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes. Remove and let fully cool. Once they are cool, remove the peel and thinly slice. This step can be done ahead of time.
- With the peel still on, thinly slice the oranges. Then using a knife, circle it around the oranges and remove peel.
- In a serving dish, add the cooked quinoa, top with sliced oranges, sliced beets, thinly sliced fennel. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Whisk for 3-5 minutes until it has reduced by half. Remove from the heat and drizzle over the salad. Top with chopped parsley.
Check out our premium fruit selection, and have all your favorites delivered right to your door!