Rainier cherry season in the Pacific Northwest is starting, and since we can never get enough of this sweet summer fruit, we are constantly looking for new recipes to try. This chocolate dipped Rainier cherries recipe is really simple, but will leave you absolutely addicted.
We used our Rainier cherries, famous in the Northwest for their sweet, creamy, and extremely juicy flavor, and paired it with both white and dark chocolate. Dark, sweet cherries would be equally delicious!
Keep the cherries cold and crisp to allow the melted chocolate to harden. When you bite in the burst of sweet cherry juice combined with the savory chocolate you get will be sure to leave you wanting more.
White & Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 1 pound of [url href=”https://www.thefruitcompany.com/gourmet-gifts/premium-fruit-boxes/rainier-cherries” target=”_blank” title=”Rainier Cherries from The Fruit Company”]Rainier Cherries[/url]
- 4 ounces of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces of white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Place the cherries in a strainer and give them a good wash under cold water. Using a kitchen towel, thoroughly dry the cherries and place them in the refrigerator.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a double broiler fill the bottom pan with 1 inch of water and place over medium heat. Add chopped chocolate to the broiler and stir occasionally until the chocolate is almost completely melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and continue to stir until all bits of chopped chocolate are melted.
- Dip one cherry at a time into the melted chocolate, giving it a gentle shake before setting the cherry on the parchment lined pan. Once all cherries have been dipped, place the pan in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store the chocolate covered cherries in the refrigerator until ready to serve.