Green D’Anjou pears naturally are juicy and rich in flavor. But when roasted with a pinch of oil and salt, their sweetness is intensified. Topped with a simple syrup of honey, cinnamon and nutmeg, the combination of flavors in these roasted pears is both sweet and salty.
Add some chopped walnuts to bring in texture and healthy fats. This recipe is one that everyone will love for breakfast or dessert! Roasted pears are surprisingly easy, simple and delicious.
Roasted Pears with Honey & Cinnamon
- 2 ripe [url href=”http://www.thefruitcompany.com/gourmet-gifts/premium-fruit-boxes/pears” target=”_blank” title=”Green D’Anjou Pears”]Green D’Anjou Pears[/url]
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut pears in half and place flesh side down in roasting pan. Brush olive oil over top and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip pears over so they are flesh side up. Roast for another 10 minutes. Turn the broiler on and carefully roast for another 3-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together honey, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Remove the pears from the oven, place on serving plate. Drizzle honey syrup over the pears and top with chopped walnuts and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
Nice post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I’m inspired! Extremely useful information specifically the last section 🙂 I maintain such info much. I was seeking this certain info for a very long time}. Thank you and good luck.
Wow!! It looks good. Alternate for honey, we can try maple syrup.