Chocolate dipped fruit is always a favorite.
Dark chocolate covered orange slices topped with sea salt are a fun and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth without adding extra calories.
Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, healthy for your heart and helps control blood sugar. Honeybell Sweets oranges are perfect for this recipe – they are naturally sweet, super juicy, and packed full of vitamin C. Or experiment with other fruit – strawberries, cherries, and pears are all made even more delicious by dipping them in chocolate.
- 3[url href=”http://www.thefruitcompany.com/gifts/category/fruit-only-gift-boxes/honeybell-sweets” target=”_blank” title=”Honeybell Sweets Oranges from The Fruit Compan”] Honeybell Sweets[/url] Oranges
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- coarse or flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the vegetable oil and stir.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and peel the oranges.
- Dip the orange slices into the melted dark chocolate and set on the parchment paper, while occasionally stirring the chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the freezer for 8-10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.