Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and grapefruit is one of the best ingredients for a healthy start to your day. Loaded with vitamin C and low in calories, grapefruit is a great addition to any meal. For this recipe, I used the Sugar Red Grapefruit. Its tart, tangy, and sweet taste pairs perfectly with the rosemary and sea salt. Perfect all on its own, you can also serve with yogurt or granola for a hearty breakfast, or pair it with ice cream for a guilt-free dessert.
- 2 grapefruits
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar or cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch flaky sea salt
- Preheat broiler. Trim off both ends of grapefruit making the grapefruit flat. This is just a small cut, which helps the grapefruit not wiggle back and forth. Cut the grapefruits in half and place flesh down on a paper towel. In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, rosemary, ginger, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Place the grapefruit halves in a baking dish or baking sheet face up. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, about 1 tablespoon per halve. Broil for 7-9 minutes. Remove and let cool a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with yogurt, granola, ice cream, or simply enjoy on its own.