Two of my favorite fall and winter fruits are pomegranate and cranberries.
I always make a fresh cranberry relish for my holiday meals and love to add pomegranate to my salads, fruit plates and drinks. This year I have a new favorite recipe from food blogger Ashley of localhaven.net. She has introduced me to her Pomegranate Cranberry Relish that is so delicious I am going to be making it for my family as well as hostess gifts for friends.
For my gifts I made these kraft labels in 2 and 3 inch that will fit nicely on a Weck jar or pretty jam jars.
These labels are ready for you to download and print onto full sheet label paper and trim with a 2 or 3 inch punch.
When I give food gifts, I love to include a recipe card with my homemade delight. You can download and print this recipe onto card stock paper. It is a folded card that sits easily on the counter while cooking. You can use the inside of the card to add a special note or personal message.
These printable recipe cards are so pretty with the pomegranate illustration, we also designed another version that you can download onto your computer (17 MB PDF File), (Open in Adobe Acrobat or Reader and add your own favorite recipe.)
Here is the free font, Museo Slab, to match the one I used for the editable text on the recipe card. Download and install this on your computer before you start your personalized card.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ small shallot, minced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- ⅔ cup pomegranate seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat and add minced shallots.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes until soft.
- Add sugar, pomegranate juice, and cranberries.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, add a pinch of salt and pepper, then reduce heat to low.
- Occasionally stir and let simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in pomegranate seeds.
- Let cool before adding chopped mint, and serve.