If any dessert can evoke the feeling of summer, this Peach Blueberry Crumble is it.
Eagerly anticipated and long awaited, our Oregon peaches are the perfect summer fruit, and are a great addition to pies, jams, and especially crumbles.
This delectable crumble with fresh peaches and blueberries will make your mouth water.
We start with our fresh Oregon peaches and blueberries, and use a brown sugar topping with chopped pecans. The sage adds a little burst of flavor to add a savory twist to this traditional fruit crumble.
Top the crumble off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream for the perfect dessert. Or try it with creamy greek yogurt for a tasty breakfast treat.
- Peaches Blueberry Mixture
- 3 [url href=”https://www.thefruitcompany.com/gourmet-gifts/premium-fruit-boxes/oregon-peaches” target=”_blank”]Oregon Peaches[/url]
- 2 cups [url href=”https://www.thefruitcompany.com/gourmet-gifts/monthly-fruit-clubs/harvestclub-americana” target=”_blank” title=”Peaches and Blueberries in the HarvestClub Americana Monthly Fruit Subscription from The Fruit Company”]Blueberries[/url]
- 2 tablespoons fresh Sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 whole lemon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut [url href=”https://www.thefruitcompany.com/gourmet-gifts/monthly-fruit-clubs/harvestclub-americana” target=”_blank” title=”Peaches and Blueberries in the HarvestClub Americana Monthly Fruit Subscription from The Fruit Company”]peaches[/url] into 1″ pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the blueberries, zest from half of a lemon as well as the lemon juice. Add chopped sage leaves and toss to combine. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over top and add honey. Give it a few stirs to gently combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans. Add the vanilla and egg white. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the mixture until distributed.
- Using a baking pan, about 8″ or several small ramekins, pour the peach and blueberry mixture evenly into the pan. Cover with the crumb topping. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until crisp on top. If using ramekins, bake for 10 minutes covered with foil, then remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.