Summer is here! We crave the light, cool options with the hot weather. And nothing says summer like fruit-filled popsicles. Unlike store bought popsicles that are filled with too much sugar and syrup, ours are packed full of nutritious pureed mango, blackberries, and coconut milk.
The best part is, this recipe is easy and fun to make with your kids. They will enjoy blending the ingredients, designing their own layers and impatiently waiting for the popsicles to freeze!
For our popsicles we choose mango as the main ingredient, as it is not only sweet and tropical, but when blended creates a creamy rich texture.
- 2 cups ripe mango, chopped
- 1 cup blackberries
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar, honey or agave
- 1 cup of orange juice or water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Place chopped mango into a blender or food processor. Begin blending and slowly add in lemon juice with orange juice or water, about ¼-1/2 cup to help thin the mango. This also helps the mango puree easier and quicker. Once completed blended, and the mango mixture is thick and creamy, set aside.
- Place the blackberries into a blender or food processor. Begin blending and slowly add in orange juice or water, about ¼ cup to help puree the berries. Once blended, set aside.
- Add ¾ cup coconut milk and sugar into blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds until the coconut milk is whipped and creamy. Set aside.
- Using a popsicle mold or a paper cup, begin adding your first layer, anywhere between ½"-1" thick. Place in the freezer for 1 hour. Once the first layer is frozen. Add the second layer. This can be anywhere between 1"-2". Place in the freezer for 45 minutes. At this point you can carefully insert your popsicle sticks. Continue to freeze this layer for another hour. Once the second layer is frozen, add your final layer, anywhere between ½"-1". Place in the freezer for 1-2 additional hours.
- If using paper cups, like we did, simply make a slit at the end and peel the cup off.