Holiday appetizers that will impress your guests and only take 15 minutes to prepare!
With the holidays around the corner, we have started gathering a few of our favorite recipes that are great for last minute parties and quick appetizers. A simple puff pastry, combined with fresh seasonal fruit creates a tart that is both visually appealing and delicious.
We suggest during this busy season that you keep a few boxes of puff pastry in the freezer, your favorite cheese on hand, and a good supply of pears, persimmons and apples. With these few ingredients, you will have the perfect recipe, and more time on your hands to gather with friends and family.
A few favorite combinations:
Pears + Blue Cheese + Pancetta with a drizzle of honey
Persimmons + Goat Cheese + Pancetta with a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
Figs + Blue Cheese with a drizzle of honey and flaky sea salt
Apples + Parmesan with sea salt and black pepper
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (defrosted in fridge overnight)
- 2 ripe pear (Red d'Anjou or Comice both work great), cored and cut into thin wedges
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 package of pancetta
- 2 persimmons, cut into thin slices
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Thyme Sprigs
- Ricotta Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold defrosted puff pastry sheets. Using a 4" circle cookie cutter, or cutting 4" squares by hand, cut out the pastry dough. Set circles aside, Press the uncut pastry dough back together, with a rolling pin quickly roll it out and continue cutting out circles. Do the same with the second sheet.
- Place the cut out pastry dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of the dough. Layer with 1 piece of pancetta (if using) and place fruit over top.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Making sure there is 2 inches between each tart, place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven, transfer the tarts to a cooling wrack. Sprinkle with additional cheese if you like. Serve warm or slightly cooled.