There is no beating fresh fruit juice, and this pineapple, lime, and mint blend is one of our favorite drinks.
The burst of tropical flavor from the pineapple and lime will have you dreaming of island breezes and warm sunny days spent relaxing on the beach. This enzyme-rich blend is a great way to kick off your morning, and also works as a great mid-day pick me up snack.
We started by juicing fresh pineapple, lime and mint leaves. Simply serve the mixture over crushed ice, or add a splash of seltzer water to create a pineapple soda with a refreshing twist. Top the drink off with a few slices of limes and a sprig of mint and you are all set to enjoy.
Fresh Pineapple Lime & Mint Juice
- 1 large fresh [url href=”http://www.thefruitcompany.com/gourmet-gifts/premium-fruit/pineapple” target=”_blank” title=”Pineapple delivered from The Fruit Company”]pineapple[/url]
- 3 limes
- 1 bunch of mint, about 10-12 leaves, plus more for garnish
- seltzer water (optional)
- Remove the pineapple rind, and cut into 1″ pieces. Set aside.
- On 2 of the limes, remove the peel and set aside. On the remaining lime, thinly slice for garnish.
- If using a juicer, like we did, simple run the pineapple pieces, limes, and mint through. If you do not have a juicer, pulse in a blender until thoroughly combined. Then using a fine mesh strainer, run the drink through the sieve and discard the solids.
- Serve over crushed ice with lime slices and mint for garnish.
- To make this a fruit juice soda, simply add seltzer water over top.
Whenever I think about drinking a mint juice think about living in the southern United States or maybe Scarlett O’Hara from Gone With the Wind.