Apple Carrot Muffins
Author: Ashley Marti
- 3 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 small Gala Apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut or canola oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Place chopped carrots and chopped apples in food processor and pulse until grated. Add the egg, sugar, vanilla and oil. Blend until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently fold together, being careful to not overmix.
- Fill the muffin tins ⅓ way full (for small muffins, or fill ¾ way full for 6 large muffins). Bake for 16-18 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
- Makes 10 muffins total
Add a ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans for some extra crunch.
Recipe by The Fruit Company® Blog at http://blog.thefruitcompany.com/apple-carrot-muffins/