Pomegranate & Brussels Sprout Quinoa Salad
Author: Ashley Marti
Recipe type: salad
- ¼ cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 13-15 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded, and chopped (*optional)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Measure 1 cup of quinoa and rinse thoroughly.
- In a medium saucepan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of quinoa and toast for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in a pinch of sea salt and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Over medium heat, warm up ¼ cup olive oil in a medium skillet. Add brussel sprouts, sea salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Stir in lemon juice and cumin, cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the quinoa, stir together.
- Gently combine the brussel sprout mixture, chile and herbs into the quinoa.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top with pomegranate seeds.
Recipe by The Fruit Company® Blog at http://blog.thefruitcompany.com/pomegranate-brussels-sprout-quinoa-salad/