Honeybell Sweet orange slices covered in dark chocolate and topped with sea salt are a fun and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth without adding extra calories. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, healthy for your heart and helps control blood sugar. While oranges are naturally sweet and packed full of vitamin C. This healthy recipe is perfect for the whole family.
- 3 Honeybell Sweet Oranges
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- coarse or flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the vegetable oil and stir.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and peel the oranges.
- Dip the orange slices into the melted dark chocolate and set on the parchment paper, while occasionally stirring the chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the freezer for 8-10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.