It’s time to welcome in Spring with a light, tasty salad. At The Fruit Company, we know fruits, and jazzing up a simple salad with citrus gives it a wonderful pop of color and sweet flavor. Pick your citrus wisely, one of our favorites is the Citrus Medley Box, which comes with Navel Oranges, Satsuma Mandarins and Ruby Red Grapefruits – yum!
Not only will we be utilizing the fruit in our salad, but we will also be using it for our dressing!
Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh citrus juice (we love to use orange)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (depends how sweet you like the dressing)
Directions: Mix four ingredients together. It’s that simple.
- Greens of your choice (we love kale, arugula and spinach)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Sliced citrus (we love tangerines, oranges, mandarins and more)
- Diced avocado
- Cheese of choice (optional)
- Sliced cashews (options)
- Dried cranberries (optional)
Directions: As you prepare your salad, we love to top if off with nuts, cheese and dried fruit. All are optional. You can get creative with the colors and choice of toppings! When you’re salad is ready for dressing, lightly top with citrus vinaigrette and mix thoroughly to get the dressing evenly throughout the salad.
Our Spring Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette dressing is a simple way to please your taste-buds. We can’t wait for you to try it!