A rich, tasty apple filled cheddar panini recipe to melt in your mouth!
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 1/4 cup low-fat honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples thinly sliced
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat panini press on medium heat (if you don’t have a panini press, just use a non-stick skillet)
- Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread.
- Layer apple slices and cheese over 4 slices of bread using about 1/2 apple and 2 ounces of cheese for each sandwich.
- Top each with the remaining bread slices.
- Lightly coat panini press (or skillet) with cooking spray.
- Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe courtesy Recipes Wiki.